Thursday, September 7, 2017

You Are Awesome birthday card- Altenew

Hello! I have a new card to share! I made this one for my niece who turned 20 earlier this week. I was inspired by the current challenge at Altenew:


I used the Painted Butterflies set. I started with the block watercolor technique that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated in this post. I used Distress Oxide inks since they are so fun to work with. I stamped the block onto my kraft cardstock background. I dried that with my heat tool and then stamped my butterflies. I picked up on the pinkish purple in the inspiration piece and used that for my butterflies. For the sentiment, I ran the same pink ink over white cardstock and dried that with the heat gun before silver embossing my sentiment.  I added a bit more sparkle with the silver sequins.




1 comment:

  1. I'll bet your niece adored it, what a subtle but stunning design!

    ReplyDelete