Monday, June 5, 2017

Happy Anniversary- CAS(E) This Sketch and Altenew

Good morning, I have another card to share. This time I made an anniversary card inspired by this week's sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch:


This month's color and image inspiration from Altenew also came into play:
June 2017 Inspiration Challenge – White On White Focal Point

I was inspired by the technique in this post by Jennifer McGuire to make the flowers. I have to say, this technique was very challenging. I had trouble getting clean images because the stamps slipped on the vellum. Then I had trouble with not leaving enough space around the edges so I had to restamp some images a few times. So, while I am pleased with the results, this isn't a technique I will be trying again soon!


I stamped the leaves directly on the background along with the sentiment. Unfortunately, the sentiment smudged when I did the pick inking, so I stamped the sentiment on vellum and heat embossed it before layering it over the smudges sentiment. I finished off the card with some pink ink splatters.

1 comment: