Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February Calendar Page

Hello all! I am lagging behind a bit on this too! I had a few photo sessions at the end of January, coupled with some poor use of time, and I just got my February calendar page done! I started with the January 2 page sketch from Stick it Down:


I tried to stay pretty true to the sketch, but got creative in how I added more photos to the layout. I also moved the title a bit.


I started the layout by spreading some modeling paste, that I had colored grey with spray ink, over a heart mask. While that dried, I cut pieces of patterned paper and adhered them to the back of my photos to make multicolored and multipatterned photo mats. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot to cut the title. For "February," I used a couple of Gelatos and a paintbrush to create the ombre effect. I used the same colors of Gelatos for the Grundgeboard arrow (which started a hinge, but I cut it to be what I wanted).


After I had all of the photos and journaling attached, I fussy cut some flowers from coordinating paper to line the bottom of the layout. To add some sparkle, I spread some glue over parts of the flowers and then sprinkled on some glitter.

I was also inspired by the tic tac toe challenge at Scrap Our Stash (I used the center column):


Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts, unknown, Michael's
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon
Buttons- Fancy Pants
Mask- Heidi Swapp
Modeling Paste- Golden
Spray Ink- October Afternoon
Glitter- American Crafts
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Fonts- 2 Peas Platform Shoes, Maiandra GD
Software- Adobe, Craft Edge
Grungeboard- Advantus
Gelatos- Faber Castell
Brads- Basic Grey

7 comments:

  1. Lovely two page layout! The background is awesome! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on this two page layout. I love how you were able to scrap all those photos, and yet, your layout is not cluttered in any way. The heart masking and the fussy cut flowers add pretty touches. The way you matted the photos with mixes of patterned papers is really nice as well. Great job! TFS ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an pretty double layout. Love the details and great stash used. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great double! Love the hearts at your bg and all the pink. Thank you for joining Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful double page layout! Love the fussy cut flowwers with glitter! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely 2 page layout - LOVE those hearts!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing a double page, and yours is Wow! Thanks for Tic Tac Toeing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete