Saturday, February 11, 2017

Ewww!

Happy Saturday! I hope you are all having a great day! I am feeling a bit under the weather, but was able to get some scrapping done. I started with this sketch from Stuck?! Sketches:

 

I got a little messy for this layout, but I thought it went well with the subject. I started by watering down some green spray ink and making a big circle of it on my background cardstock. I held the cardstock upright so the ink would run down the page. Then I used the packaging technique to add the dark blue ink. I had a little mishap with the dark blue ink that resulted in the dark blue splatter at the bottom of the page. 
I then used a mask and texture past to add the spots. I like how they kind of look like the shaving cream in the photos. I layered on some patterned paper and a bit of washi tape. I used my Cricut to cut the title and attached it with foam adhesive for some dimension. I found the fun paper clip arrow in an old Scrapbook Circle kit I won a couple of years ago. I also pulled out some roller stamps for my date and the sentiment in the top right corner. I finished the page off with some enamel dots and a badge.

I was also inspired by this month's Take 5 Tuesday challenge at Paper Issues. I used white, enamel dots, cardstock, an arrow, and told the story. The week two challenge at Lasting Memories was also to use arrows.

Have a great rest of your weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Bella Blvd., Echo Park
Tape- October Afternoon
Inks- October Afternoon, Tattered Angels, Ranger
Stamps- Stampin Up, American Crafts
Enamel Dots- October Afternoon, EK Success
Texture Paste- Golden
Badge- October Afternoon
Mask- The Crafters Workshop
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Craft Edge
Font- CK Rough Housing

7 comments:

  1. What a great Layout & so fun - love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-fun layout! Love the green dribbles that help to tell your funny story. Such a cute progression of photos! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background work and the story behind it.Adorable photos and great use of the Lasting Memories arrows challenge. Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute photos and a fun story to match. I like the mixed media effects which go so well with your story. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page and I really like that mishap on the bottom of your page! Fun photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant use of texture. I like how it all compliments the photo subject. Thanks for joining us for the arrow challenge at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! What a cute page! Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete