Saturday, February 18, 2017

Christmas Fun

Hello! I hope you are having a good weekend! I have a new layout to share today. I used some photos from over 5 years ago to make a Christmas layout for my daughter's book. I started by pulling out some coordinating patterned papers. In this process, I discovered I am much more drawn to Christmas paper with non-traditional colors, especially for my girls' pages. I laid out my photos and then layered pieces of patterned paper underneath. I used a 3x3 card, along with a piece of patterned paper to fill in the gap in the top row of my photos. I personalized the card with a stamp of my daughter's initial. The Mix It Up Monday challenge at Paper Issues is to use embossing powder. I used a specialty embossing powder called Stamp N Bond which gets sticky when heated and then I added loose gold glitter to it. I love the sparkle the glitter gives and I love that I can add it to stamped images using this product! I also heat embosses with red powder for my journaling circle. To make that into an ornament, I added a washi tape top and a gold cord string. I used various embellishments for the clusters around my layout. 

Here is a closer look as some more of the stamping and glittering. For my title, I cut the word "Christmas" with my Cricut and used letter stickers for the word "fun". A piece of ribbon and rub on add some interest to the title area. I finished off my layout with dots of pink Liquid Pearls.
The week 3 challenge at Lasting Memories is the scrapbook "celebrations of love". Christmas is definitely a celebration and I love my daughter! :)

Materials:
Cardstock- Die Cuts with a View
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Gossamer Blue
Chipboard piece- Making Memories
Letter Stickers- Echo Park
Ribbon- Doodlebug
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts, Stampendous
Glitter, Rub ons- American Crafts
Ink- Ranger, Tsukineko, Color Box
Stamps- Hero Arts, American Crafts, Autumn Leaves, Fiskars
Pen- GelWriter, Sakura
Font- Quiggly Wiggly
Badge, Brad- October Afternoon
Liquid Pearls- Ranger
Tape- My Mind's Eye


2 comments:

  1. adorable. I love the photo of the kids at the piano. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great double page spread! Love the colors and all of those cute photos! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete