Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Stamps!

Hi all and Happy New Year! I have a couple more cards to share using some stamps that I received for Christmas. Both sets are from Altenew. If you are not familiar with the company, they have some really beautiful floral stamps, amazing layering stamps and other stamps as well. I received these two sets (which I had bought for myself on Black Friday ;)):

Painted Butterflies Stamp Set - Altenew
 - 1
Vintage Flowers Stamp Set - Altenew
 - 1
I've had a set of layering stamps for several years, but they are wood mounted. I was excited to try these clear stamps for layering. The results are beautiful:


For this card, I started with the branch and decided to put blossoms on it. I layered an orange ink over a coral ink. There isn't as much contrast between the colors as I would like, but I am still pleased with the result. I then used a few shades on blue for the butterfly.


The rose in the bottom left corner of this card was the first thing I stamped with this set! I was SO happy with how it turned out, it looks so realistic! The make the leaves look like they are tucked behind the flowers, I made masks of the solid roses and laid those over the stamped flowers before stamping the leaves. For the butterflies, I stamped the smaller ones on another piece of cardstock and fussy cut them. To add the shimmer, I stamped over the whole thing with the solid stamp using Versamark and then heat embossed it with glitter powder. I added the smaller butterflies with foam tape. I decided the card needed a bit more, so I stamped the large butterfly directly on the card front.

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty cards! Love the stamp sets you "received" as Christmas presents! Great colors on the cards...happy colors!

    ReplyDelete