Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Zoo Fun

Hello! I have a new layout to share today. I crammed a ton of photos on this one! I started thinking I would make a two page layout, but realized I could get all of the photos on one page and still have space for a title and some embellishment, so I went for it!

I started by spreading some gesso over my background paper. I added some red and purple gelatos over that, sprayed them with a bit of water and spread them around a bit. My second daughter wore a lot of purple when she was younger, but there aren't a lot of scrapbooking papers that have purple in them, so I end up getting purple on my page with inks and other media. For this layout, I ended up covering up a lot of that with photos, but you cans still see a bit of the purple peeking through in spots.

I was inspired by the pattern challenge at Scrapbook Challenges this month which was to use chevron pattern on your layout. I fussy cut the red and white chevron paper to run across the center of my page. I used the triangles that were cut from one side for the banner and photo corners. I dug through my stash for the rest of the embellishments on this page. 


I was also inspired by the tic-tac-toe challenge from the crop Paper Issues held on Facebook this past weekend. I chose the center column for my layout.



Materials:
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Basic Grey
Stickers- Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Die Cuts With a View, Bo Bunny
Wood Veneer- Basic Grey, American Crafts
Twine- Queen and Co.
Pen- Sakura
Buttons and Enamel Dots- October Afternoon
Gesso- Liquitex
Gelatos- Faber Castell

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet, smiling face! great page! Thanks for playing at SBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. great thing using your mm to make purple-I agree that it needs to have a comeback!Love that you added some chevrons in there too! Kate (SBC)

    ReplyDelete