Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Paper Easter Eggs

Hi! I hope you all had (and are having) a wonderful Easter, He is risen! I have a little "off the page project I did this week in honor of the holiday. I didn't get it done in time for the big day, but Easter is 50 days long, so I'm still is season! ;)

I found these beautiful Easter eggs on a blog last week and wanted to make some for myself because I LOVE that color of blue and they would make a great centerpiece for my dining room table to work with the blue accents in my kitchen. For those of you who haven't been in my house, here is a shot of my kitchen sink for reference.


I went to IKEA in search of the napkins the blogger used, but came up empty handed. I decided to try to make something similar with my paper crafting supplies. I bought some paper mache Easter eggs from JoAnn's and pulled the paper, punch, gesso, Mod Podge, and Stickles from my scrapbooking supplies.


I painted the eggs with the gesso to give them a white base. I did a quick two coats. They aren't perfectly white, but I am okay with that. If you want the totally white, you can use a thicker paint or more coats.

Then I punched a bunch of flowers from the blue patterned paper. I punched about 5-6 per egg. I then used Mod Podge to attach the flowers and then seal them to the egg. I put 3 coats of Mod Podge on to make sure the flowers were really sealed in.

I started this project by just decorating one egg to see if it would turn out how I envisioned. The first egg was a piece of cake. I had no issues with any of the steps. It even sit nicely on its end after I had done this next step. The other 4 eggs did not go quite so easily. :( I created the swirls with the Stickles by squeezing them directly from the bottle onto the eggs. I ended up doing about half of the egg at a time, so that it could rest on the other side to dry... I still had issues with them rolling and had to touch up a few spots...

Here's the final product. I had this little basket laying around, so I got some blue grass to put in it.

All in all, this was a fun project and now I have these pretty eggs to decorate my table!

No comments:

Post a Comment