Monday, November 30, 2015

December Calendar page

Hello and happy last day of November! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am here today with my December calendar page. It is based on this two page sketch from Stick It Down:

As you can see, I added another row of photos in the middle of the layout and made my title a bit smaller. I started this layout by misting my dark green cardstock with some white spray mist to give the feeling of snow. For the middle section of paper, I used a sheet of Cosmo Cricket "Just Add Watercolor" and sprayed it with water and some pink and red inks. The patterned paper peaks were fussy cut and the text paper was tucked behind it. 

I loved adding touches of gold to this layout, playing off of the gold in the center paper. I used some gold washi tape and gold sequins. I stamped my title with foam stamps and fussy cut it, attaching it to my layout with foam adhesive.

I added a few sequins to this cluster as well.  I was also inspired by the 11/5 Throwback Thursday challenge at My Scraps and More, which was to use rub ons. I pulled out these October Afternoon snowflake rub ons and nearly used up the entire sheet!

I also used some canvas pieces to decorate my page and inked them with dark green ink. I inked a silver star with gold alcohol ink mixative for the top of my tree and decorated my tree with sequins.

 This page ended up pretty busy, but that's December for you, right? I am looking forward to the month ahead!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Michaels
Specialty Paper- Cosmo Cricket
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Elle's Studio
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Canvas- Prima
Ink- Studio Calico, Stampin' Up, Clearsnap, October Afternoon, Tattered Angels, Ranger
Rub ons- October Afternoon
Star- Basic Grey
Stickers and Flair- October Afternoon
Pen- Sharpie
Font- Calibri

3 comments:

  1. Fun two page layout and great take on the sketch. Perfect for this time of year. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas layout! Love the colors, the misting and the fussycutting. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete