Monday, August 24, 2015

A Shower Card and a Sympathy Card

 Hi all! We had a busy week last week and I was only able to complete these two cards. First up is a bridal shower card that I made for a friend who is getting married at the end of September.

I was inspired by this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch:


I used the colors of her invitations to make this card. I don't normally cut into "uncut" 12x12 papers for cards, but the red and gold paper was just too perfect and I've had it for quite some time.  I stamped the flowers on the B side of the patterned paper with Versamark and heat embossed them with red embossing powder. Then I fussy cut them out and layered them on my card. I popped one of the small ones up with some foam adhesive. The sentiment was heat embossed with bronze powder. I finished off the card with some sequins.

I also made this sympathy card for a friend who lost her grandmother a couple of weeks ago. I stamps the candle and sentiment with black ink and heat embossed it with iridescent embossing powder on white vellum. I colored a few of the flowers with a pink marker and made a quick scribble over the back of the sentiment to make it stand out more. Then I attached it to the patterned paper panel. 

1 comment: