Tuesday, June 2, 2015

VBS: God is WILD about us

Hi all!  I have another layout to share today. I hope you aren't getting sick of me playing with gesso, because I am LOVING it and I have one more lesson after this in the 5 Ways to Use Gesso class at Big Picture Classes.  This lesson was on adding texture to the background with gesso, and it was another fun technique.


I put the gesso on thick with an old gym card and then I pressed an embossing folder into the gesso to make the dots. Drying the gesso with a heat gun also causes it to bubble and have more texture, so I did that too. After it was all dry, I dropped some spray ink onto the gesso using and eye dropper. I then took a very wet paintbrush and helped the color spread over the page.  Below you can see some of the texture from the embossing folder and the heat gun.

I also took some large chipboard letters and painted over them with the gesso and spray ink to make them blend with the page. I added a fun banner accent above the title for some added interest.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Simple Stories
Gesso- Liquitex
Inks- Pink Paislee and Imaginisce
Brads- Doodlebug
Twine- Queen and Co.
Rub ons- Basic Grey, Making Memories
Gelatos- Faber Castell
Wood Veneer- American Crafts
Enamel accents- October Afternoon, Simple Stories
Stickers Simple Stories
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Pen- Sharpie, Creative Memories
Journaling Card- Echo Park
Embossing Folder- Darice
Chipboard- Making Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment