Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I have a couple of cards to share that I made for my dad and father-in-law.

I was again inspired by a lesson in the "Cards For Scrapbookers" class at Big Picture Classes.  This time the focus was on using older scraps and punches or die cutting. For my card, I punched the banners from some very old papers (we're talking 5+ years!). I inked the edges to make them stand out a bit.  I started by putting them directly on the background, but it felt like it needed more. I used a mask and some Distress Inks and made the circle background. I cut the cards from scraps of cardstock using my Cricut and the Holiday Cakes cartridge.  To add some shine to the orange car, I rubbed some Iced Coffee Gelato (sounds delicious, doesn't it? ;)) over it. 


I die cut the letters using my Cricut.  The hub caps are brads. The inside of the card reads, "You're a Classic! Happy Father's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment