Sunday, June 28, 2015

Happy Birthday- CAS(E) this Sketch #129

Hello, today I am sharing a birthday card I made for my father-in-law whose birthday is today!

I started with the currents sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch:


I wanted to play some more with my Distress Stains, so I stamped and heat embossed the diamond background on white cardstock.  I then added color by rubbing Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Stains over the design.  I sprayed it with some water to blend the colors and let it dry.  I stamped and fussy cut the banners on patterned paper and attached them to the card. I finished it off with the stamped "Party" words down the side.  I rubbed the black ink off the embossed areas to give it an aged look.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so fun and pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete