Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Baptism cards

Hello! Today I have a couple of cards I made for friends' babies who were baptized this past weekend.  

First up is one for a little boy. I started by spraying a piece of watercolor paper with water and then running a line of Mermaid Lagoon Distress Stain across it.  I held it upright and allowed the color to flow downward.  I used my finger a bit to spread it as well. While that was drying, I stamped the bible on a piece of vellum and heat embossed it.  I tore the edges and then inked them with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. Once the background was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I added a few Liquid Pearl dots on either side of the sentiment to finish it off.

My second card was for a little girl. I used Gelatos this time and water and used my finger to spread and blend the colors for the background. I again stamped and heat embossed on vellum, but this time I fussy cut the candle. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed on white cardstock. I tore the edges and inked the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. A piece of shimmery ribbon finished off the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment