Sunday, May 31, 2015

June Calendar Page

Hello! I got my calendar page finished just in time this month! I was inspired by this sketch from Stick It Down:

I went to the October Afternoon warehouse sale the other night and was able to pick up some new fun stuff the create with, including their new summer line, isn't it cute? The 5/28/15 Throwback Thursday challenge  at My Scraps and More was to use something old (the inks and Thickers used for the title), something new (the papers and embellishments), something blue (the main sheet of patterned paper).


I was also inspired by the third lesson from 5 Ways to Use Gesso at Big Picture Classes which was about using stencils. I used a Studio Calico stencil on both pages of my layout. After the gesso was dry, I sprayed inks and water over it and let it blend and flow over the paper.  I love how it turned out! I ended up with bubbles in the gesso, which gave some extra texture.

I really like how the two toned title worked out on this page, so I did it again here.
 Thanks for stopping by!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Brads, Tin Pins, Stickers- October Afternoon
Gesso- Liquitex
Ink- Tattered Angels, EK Success
Buttons, Thickers, Glitter- American Crafts
Pen- Sharpie, Marvy
Mask- Studio Calico

3 comments:

  1. How fun to go to that warehouse sale!!! terrific double! Thanks for joining in
    at STICK IT DOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page. So bright and fun. Love how you combined the challenges. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down. Hope t see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout make me happy! I love how you used the gesso and the bright colors! Fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete