Saturday, April 25, 2015

Birthday Card

Hello! I hope you are having a great weekend so far!  I have a birthday card to share with you today.  I was inspired by this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.


While I was looking for inspiration, I came across a challenge blog that I was unfamiliar with .  The Card Concept posts an inspiration photo or color combo as a starting point and then you have to create a card that fits into one of six+ categories.
I think my card fits into the Freestyle Collage category the best.  I was inspired big time by the colors. The circles on the ottoman in the photo made me think of the circle mask I used.  All of the pink on here is Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.  I used the ink blending tool for the background and water and a paintbrush to water color it onto the flower and sentiment piece.


6 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I love the background and the touch of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -- it really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty! Love the stenciled circles over the printing for a little extra pop! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix of elements for your collage! Thanks for playing at TCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty and fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete