Saturday, March 7, 2015

Dance Your Dream

 Hello!  I have another layout to share today!  This one uses my younger daughter's dance photos from a couple of years ago.  These photos started out on one big sheet that measured 10"x13".  I decided to cut the two shots out and use them on my layout.  I was inspired by another of the Cabin Fever Challenges going on now at My Scraps and More.  This challenge was called "Soup's On" and it is a recipe challenge based off of the recipe for potato soup. Here's the recipe:

Bacon- use the color pink.
Potatoes- use squares or rectangles to mimic diced potatoes.
Cheese- use the color yellow.
Green Onions- use a sprinkle of something on your page. 
Cream- use paints, mists or anything wet for your base. 

I started with a piece of cream cardstock and a mask.  I wanted silver mist to match to sequins on the girls' costumes, but my silver is gone.  I decided to use a gray mist and then go over it with a pearl mist for some shimmer.  I used the stencil to trace and cut out the hearts from patterned paper.  I popped them up with some foam adhesive.  For the yellow, I pulled out some OLD felt pieces and added those to my page.  I added a border of vellum squares and rectangles under the group photo. I "sprinkled" the felt buttons across my page to finish it off.

In this shot, you can see the shimmer from the spray mists and you can get a closer look at my vellum border.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my layout today!

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon
Felt- Fancy Pants
Stickers- Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, October Afternoon
Mask- Heidi Swapp
Ink- October Afternoon, Tattered Angels
Pen- Zig
Vellum- Fiskars, Creative Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment