Friday, September 19, 2014

The Piggy Bank Story- My Scrap and More Sketch #91

It's the 3rd Friday of the month, which means a new sketch at My Scraps and More!  This week, we have this fun sketch by Nadine:


I decided to scrap the story of how I had to paint this piggy bank for my daughter twice because the first one broke in the kiln.  I realized while I was pulling papers for this layout that my supply of brightly colored patterned paper in dwindling!  Everything on this page is scraps!


For the circles, I used my large Creative Memories circle cutter as a template and drew around it with a pencil.  Then I took the pump from my purple Glimmer Mist and drew the circle with that and added some splatters.  Once that was dry, I erased the pencil.  I decided I wanted a little more dimension so I pulled out some purple dimensional paint and made some circles and splatters with that as well.

I was also inspired by the 9/1 Mix It Up Monday challenge on the boards.  The challenge was to use at least 5 patterned papers, do some fussy cutting and some paper tearing.  I fussy cut my star embellishments and tore the edge of the bright green patterned paper  on the left side of the layout.

Make sure you head over to the My Scraps and More Sketch blog and check out what the rest of the team did!

Materials- 
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Bella Blvd., Bo Bunny Press, Echo Park, Fancy Pants, Heidi Swapp
Stickers- Bo Bunny
Ink- Tsukineko, Tattered Angels
Pe- newell Rubbermaid
Paint- Duncan
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Stamp- Stampin Up
Glitter Glue- Ranger
Font- Cheeseburger
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot

1 comment: