Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stick It Down Guest Designer!

Hello, I have an exciting post today!  Last month my card was chosen as the favorite at Stick it Down, so I was asked to be a guest designer for their card sketch this month. Here is the sketch:


I had a birthday card to make for my 17-year-old niece, so this is what I made:


I started with the polka dot paper and chose colors from there.I chose two patterned papers and a vellum for the balloons.  I did a bit of shading on the balloons with water color pencils.I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on the banner.  I inked the edges of all of the base pieces and then attached them.  I layered the balloons, popping up the green one with foam adhesive. I finished the card off by running a line of glue where I wanted my twine to lay.  

Make sure you head over to Stick it Down and check out what the design team did with the sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment