Friday, September 5, 2014

First Haircut: My Scraps and More Sketch #90

Hi all!  Happy Friday to you!  This past week, I saw three of my four children off for their first days of school.  Needless to say, it has been busy around here! I did get a little scrapping time in early in the week and I worked with this great sketch by Audrey:

Getting going on this layout took a while because I spent way too much time looking for the hair I saved from this haircut.  Unfortunately, it never turned up. :(  This is the kid who is missing his certificate from the hospital with his footprints on it.  I'm feeling a little guilty here...

Anyway, here is what I came up with.  The 8/19 challenge on the boards was to choose at least 3 patterned papers and use them to fill holes left by die cuts.  I cut 5 of the circle on this layout out of the blue polka dot paper.  I attached the patterned paper to the yellow cardstock background.  To give the blue paper some lift, I used some chipboard around the edges and a few spots in the middle (instead of foam tape, it's cheaper!).  




You can see in the photo above, the lift is pretty subtle, but adds a bit of dimension.  I added some more dimension with my embellishments. 
I cut the word "haircut" with my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot. The banner border across the bottom is Heidi Swapp and I colored it using Distress Inks.  I turned out a little darker than I had planned, but I think it looks okay anyway.

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
 Patterned Paper- October Afternoon
Stickers- October Afternoon, Simple Stories
Borders- Bazzill, Heidi Swapp
Ink- Ranger, Clearsnap, Studio Calico
Circle Cutter- Creative Memories
Pen- Newell Rubbermaid
Brads- October Afternoon, Echo Park
Tape- My Mind's Eye, Bella Blvd.
Wood Veneer- Studio Calico
Cardboard- Jillibean Soup
Stamp- American Crafts
Font- Crazy Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment