Saturday, September 6, 2014

Cave of the Mounds

 I made this layout early in August and then entered it in the state fair.  I wasn't happy with the photos I took of it before I dropped it off, so I waited until I got it back to rephotograph it and post it. :)

The 8/5 challenge at My Scraps and More was to make embellishment using stamps.  I used the Scrapbook Circle kit I won a couple of months ago.  The kit included a fun arrow stamp.  I stamped that on green paper and heat embossed it in black.  There was also a date stamp with which I did the same.

To add some texture to the bottom of my layout, I used some texture paste, that I had colored with spray ink, and my rock mask.


I used various embellishments included in the kit and cut some words from one of the sheets of paper.  I wanted to add something different to my page and I ended up hunting down the bag of rocks from the gemstone panning we did while we were at the cave and I attached several of the smallest chips around my embellishment clusters.

I used a couple of different letter stickers for the title.  To make the journaling stand out from my background, I smeared some white paint on the back of my transparent journaling spot.
Oh, in case you were wondering, I did not win any ribbons with this layout. :(  Judging by what did receive ribbons and the feedback I received, my style is a little different than what they are looking for...

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Heidi Swapp
Chipboard- KI Memories
Modeling Paste- Golden
Inks- Clearsnap, October Afternoon
Paint- Liquitex
Pen- Newell Rubbermaid
Stickers- Basic Grey, Bella Blvd, American Crafts, Simple Stories
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Transparency and Die Cuts- Heidi Swapp
Journal Spot- Michael's
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Stamps- Scrapbook Circle
Photo Corners- Webster's Pages


No comments:

Post a Comment