Monday, July 7, 2014

July Calendar Page

Happy Monday!  I finally got a chance to make my calendar page for the month!  I found this fun sketch at Stick It Down.  Aren't the banners perfect for the 4th of July?!

I was also inspired by the 7/4 Stars and Stripes challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use stars and stripes on your layout as well as red, white and blue. This was pretty easy for this July page! 


The banners were cut from a variety of papers.  For the background by the title, I started by misting over a circle mask with red ink.  Then I took my star mask and some modeling paste to make some stars.  Before the paste dried, I sprinkled some white glitter over them.  I then pressed the glitter into the paste to help adhere it.  To embellish the page I used some Heidi Swapp chipboard stars, cut some stars with a punch and my Cricut and added a few blue gems.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Pink Paislee, Doodlebug, Hot off the Press, Echo Park
Chipboard- Heidi Swapp, Fiskars
Ribbon- Offray
Masks- Studio Calico, Crafter's Workshop
Ink- Ranger
Font- Ghostwriter
Modeling Paste- Golden
Glitter- American Crafts
Gems- Michael's
Punch- Marvy
Pen- Sakura
Cartridges- Makin' the Grade, Doodlecharms

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun 4th of July page! Love how you used the glitter over the stars, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete