Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Calendar page

Hello!  I am here today to share my May calendar page.  I finished it a few days ago, but it has just taken me a while to get it posted here.  I started with this PageMaps sketch:


I added a few more photos than the sketch suggests. I was also inspired by the 5/1 Throwback Thursday challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to make our own background paper and to use a collection that was 2+ years old.  The majority of the papers I used here are from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker line.


For my background, I used a Studio Calico mask and some spray inks to create some texture and pattern.

I used my Cricut to cut the scalloped circle accents.  I used a flower cut from the Cindy Loo cartridge. I bought the triangle pennant stamps at a garage sale last week.  I just stamped them and fussy cut them and then accented the designs with some Stickles.  

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- October Afternoon, Fancy Pants
Stamps- Hero Arts
Ink- Clearsnap, EK Success, Creative Imaginations
Mask- Studio Calico
Brad- imaginisce, K and Company
Trim- Recollections
Flowers- Recollections, Darice
Punch- EK Success
Stickers- October Afternoon
Chipboard- Pink Paislee
Cartridge- Cindy Loo
Pen- Zig, Marvy
Glitter glue- Ranger
Thread- DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment