Friday, March 14, 2014

My Scraps and More Sketch #72- Happy 4th Birthday

It's Friday which means a new sketch at My Scrap and More.  This week we had this great multi-photo sketch to work with:


I decided to scrap some photos of my daughters at a friend's birthday party a few years ago.  


I was inspired by the 3/5 Word Up Wednesday challenge on the boards which was to use a number in your title.  As you can see here, I used the number 4.

I also decided to use my Cricut quite a bit for this one.  Since the party was Tinkerbell themed, I decided to go with large flower embellishments.  For the lines in the large pink hibiscus, I drew them using my Versamark Pen and then rubbed coordinating chalk over the marker.  For the smaller purple flowers, only the Versamark Pen was required. In the centers of the flowers, I simply put liquid glue on the flower and sprinkled on the glitter.

I had some white Close to My Heart chipboard swirls that I colored by brushing on some spray ink and then rubbing a bit of green Gelato on it to better match the color in the papers.


Make sure to head over to the My Scraps and More sketch blog to see what the rest of the team has done!

Materials-
Cardstock- Bazzill and The Paper Company
Patterned Paper- We R Memory Keepers, Die Cuts With a View, American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket
Sticker- Fiskars
Cricut Cartridges- Holiday Cakes, Storybook
Chipboard- Close to My Heart
Ink- Colorbox, Tattered Angels, Faber Castell
Glitter- American Crafts
Stamp- Stampin Up
Pen- Sakura, Tsukeniko
Chalk- Oriental Trading Company
Sketch- Tammi Bennett

1 comment: