Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October Calendar Page

Better late than never, right?  That seems to be my mantra these days.  I finally have my calendar layout to share.  I have had it complete for a few days, but I am just now getting it up here.  

This month I used this great sketch by Allison Davis.  I reworked the photo sizes a bit and split some spots to fit two photos.  


I used some Fancy Pants "Hopscotch".  This is considered a summer line, but by pulling the oranges and yellows, I easily made it work for this fall layout.  The banners in the sketch made me think of fairs and festivals, so I thought it worked well with our apple orchard and pumpkin patch photos.  To make the banners, I used a couple of die cuts from the collection and traced them onto patterned paper and cardstock and then cut them out by hand.  The leaves are stamped on mulberry paper (remember that stuff?!).  I liked the airy, but fibrous texture it gave.  After I stamped the leaves, I fussy cut them.  Some of the leaves I ran through my sticker maker, others I just ran a strip of adhesive down the back.  The journaling was also printed on mulberry paper.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazill, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper, stickers, and die cuts- Fancy Pants Designs
Font- Posies, Agency
Buttons- Jesse James
Twine- Pink Paislee
Pearls- Michaels
Mulberry Paper- The Paper Company
Stamps- Stampin Up
Embossing folders- Ellison, Spellbinders
Ink- Ranger
Flowers- Prima and Michaels
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Crafter's Edge

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! I am so glad to see you can make 2 pages layout.. I am still working on my confident to make double page layout! LOL! Great color and pictures! Love the banners, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. Love all the photos you put on there. Double page layouts always make you feel like you were there. :)
    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete