Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Unscripted Sketches #27- Birthday Card

My nephew's 5th birthday is coming up at the end of the week so I made a card for him using the sketch posted last week on Unscripted Sketches.


I used a K and Company mat stack for the papers.  The alien was cut using the "Boys Will Be Boys" Cricut cartridge.  Once I had it attached to my background, it blended in too much, so I outlined it with red gel pen to make it pop.  

The button brads were pink, but I colored them with a red Sharpie to match.  I was chatting with my husband while I was doing it and he said I was crazy!  I said, "Hey, I'm saving you money and using what I have instead of buying it in every color!!"  But seriously, if you don't have the color you want, look at what you have around and see if you can change the color of something you already have to make it work on your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment