Tuesday, August 13, 2013

NAS #278

It's Monday, which means a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches.  This week is a two pager, so I used it for my monthly calendar page.  

I used the Simple Stories "Vintage Bliss" collection for this layout.  The colors and patterns are so pretty!  I recently bought a Crafter's Workshop polka dot mask and put that to use on this layout.  I laid it on the background cardstock and sprayed it with white and grey mists. 


Instead of having part of my title on the right-hand page, I used a transparency quote.  For the embellishment cluster below it, I used a rub on, a flower, and a rubber charm.  

For the title, I cut a banner using the chevron stripe strip from the strip sheet and cut a banner.  I decided it needed a bit more to stand out from the background so I matted it on the blue and white polka dot paper.  To make the flowers stand out against the pattern, I smeared some white paint across the paper.  Once it was dry, I stuck on my letter stickers.  I used a couple different flowers to draw attention to the title.


Materials-
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, stickers, transparency- Simple Stories
Mask- The Crafter's Workshop
Ink- Studio Calico, October Afternoon
Pen- Zig
Paint- Liquitex
Flowers- Kaiser Craft, Prima
Felt- Basic Grey
Rub ons- Autumn Leaves
Pearls- Michael's
Rubber Charm- October Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment