Monday, July 15, 2013

Scrapping Everyday Miracles July Sketch Challenge

It is the third Monday of the month which means it is time for sketches at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  The first sketch is a card sketch I put together and the second is a layout sketch by the very talented Shawn Lahr of Nuts About Sketches.


I stuck pretty close to the sketch for this, the only variation being the strip of washi tape that I ran between the squares and large strip of patterned paper.  I punched the scalloped circles from patterned paper and added rub ons as needed.  I finished them of with some gems.

Materials
Patterned Paper- Bo Bunny Press
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Stamp- Stampin Up
Ink- Clearsnap, Ranger
Gems- Recollections, JoAnn Crafts



I was working with limited supplies on this one, so I got creative with the Bo Bunny Noteworthy pad.  I cut the notepad side off of a sheet and added it on the right side of my page and cut the bracket side and used it at the bottom.  I layered quite a few things in the bottom corner; paper, stickers, trasparency and a gromlet.  My journaling is on a transparent journaling spot.  I smeared white acrylic paint on the back so that the writing would stand out against the background and to give the feeling of snow.  Finally, I did a little stamping and embossing to add a few snowflakes to the background.

Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Stickers, Brads- Transparency- Bo Bunny Press
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Stamps- Hero Arts, Stampin' Up
Ink- Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder- Jo Ann Crafts


2 comments:

  1. love your card and sketch! totally brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on the card. Your layout...oh my what a happy baby. too cute.

    ReplyDelete