Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nuts About Sketches #272

Yesterday was reveal day of a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches. This week we have a two page sketch. Normally I don't get the first sketch of the month done, but out was a two pager, and I have LOTS of photos, so I made it happen!


I made a few changes to the sketch to make it work with the photos I had.  Instead of the 5x7, I used a 4x6 and matted it.  I use Core-dinations cardstock and made score lines all the way around and then sanded them to reveal the pink core of the paper.  


I moved the title to one of the photo spots because I had fewer photos than what the sketch called for.  This also allowed me to play a bit with embellishing this area.  I cut the title with the Cricut and the "New Arrival" cartridge.  I wanted to put something behind it, so I took the giant flower, colored it with some chalk and stuck the title to that.  I also cut the cute pregnant lady using the "New Arrival" Cartridge.  
I decided to use buttons for the bulk of my embellishing and then added a few flower paper clips that I've had for a while, some washi tape and a couple of stickers.


Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper- Bo Bunny Press, Cosmo Cricket
Stickers-  Bo Bunny Press, Cosmo Cricket
Buttons- Jesse James Co., Rusty Pickle
Pen- Zig
Paper Clips- Fynmark
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Die Cutter- Cricut
Cartridge- New Arrival
Flower- Petaloo
Chalk- Oriental Trading Company
Vellum- K and Company

No comments:

Post a Comment