Monday, June 24, 2013

Nuts About Sketches #271

It's Monday again, so there is a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches. This week it is a single pager with area for one large photo and one smaller photo.

As you can see, I decided to use a photo collage instead of one large photo.  The collage is larger than 5x7 so some of the other elements are smaller.  Instead of the smaller round photo, I used a chipboard embellishment.  The papers I used on this page are from Echo Park's "Everybody Loves Christmas.  This is another collection that I think has run its course.  I haven't gone back to count how many layouts I've made, but I can tell you that about all I have left is scraps!  

To start my layout, I sprayed and splattered some white mist on my cardstock.  I layered the papers over that, using foam adhesive to pop up the ornaments.  To add some sparkle, I glued on some sequins.  The sketch suggested stitching, but I didn't feel like pulling out my machine, so I just used a pen and a ruler to draw on the stitches.

Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill, American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Echo Park
Specialty paper- The Robin's Nest
Chipboard- Making Memories
Ink- Ranger, Studio Calico
Pen- Zig
Stickers- Echo Park
Digital Elements- Scrapbooks Etc., md Designs
Software- Photoshop Elements


No comments:

Post a Comment