Friday, June 28, 2013

Lots of Cards!

I'm a little behind posting the cards I've made the last couple of weeks, so I have several to share.

The first is for the I Feel the Love Project.  This month we are making cards for the family of Baby Mason who died of injuries sustained in a car accident.  Baby Mason was just 6 months old.  As a mother of a nearly 6 month old, this story really tugged at my heart and I really tried to think about what would be comforting to me.  I wanted to use one of these Stampin' Up silhouette stamps.  I ended up using just part of the stamp and heat embossing it in copper.  The verse is stamped on a shape cut using my Cricut and Storybook cartridge.
Next I have a birthday card using last week's sketch from Sketch Saturday.  In stead of the hexagons, I used punched flowers.  I stamped the sentiment and used some Liquid Pearls to make the centers of the card.



Next is a masculine birthday card using the Mojo Monday sketch from this week.  


Finally, I have a thank you card that I made using some Glossy Cardstock and Distress Inks.  I rolled the three inks on with a brayer.  I experimented with stamping with water.  I used a flower "paint print" stamp that I had misted with water.  Some of the flowers turned out better than others.  I will definitely be experimenting with this technique some more!


2 comments:

  1. Jessica, thank you so much for the beautiful card for Baby Mason's parents. I love that Bible verse. We appreciate your support. You are a blessing to the IFTL Project. We hope all is well with you.
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete