Monday, April 15, 2013

NAS #261- One is Fun!

It's Monday which means there is a new sketch at Nuts About Sketches.  This week it is this really fun one- pager:

I decided to use some photos from a friend's little girl's first birthday. I flipped the sketch horizontally because of the direction my friend and her daughter's gaze in the photo in the upper left (I didn't want them looking off the page).  I also only used one photo in that area instead of two as well.

I pulled out some washi tape and used that in a few areas on this layout.  I love that is is such a quick and easy way to add a strip of color to a layout.  After I had most of my stuff attached to the layout, I decided I needed something for texture between the two photo areas.  I was going to try mist, but the only black mist I have has purple shimmer in it so it wouldn't really work with this color scheme.  Then I remembered the glitter splatters!  I took liquid glue and made spots randomly between the photos and sprinkled the glue with black glitter.  

I also used my Cricut for some of the embellishments.  I cut the dog using the "Boys Will Be Boys" cartridge and the bone is from the "Paper Doll Dress Up" cartridge.  A few chipboard pieces and gems scattered around the page finished up the embellishing.


Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, American Crafts
Patterned Paper- Lily Bee
Journaling Spot- Little Yellow Bicycle
Punch- Marvy
Stickers- American Crafts, October Afternoon, Creative Imaginations
Chipboard- Fiskars, American Crafts
Brad- Basic Grey
Glitter- American Crafts
Gems- Michaels
Tape- My Mind's Eye, K and Company
Rubons- October Afternoon
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Boys Will Be Boys, Paper Doll Dress Up
Ink- Color Box
Pen- Sharpie



No comments:

Post a Comment