Friday, January 4, 2013

Como Zoo

I completed another layout!  It has been so fun to play with 12x12 pages again!  For this layout, I used the Fancy Pants Hopscotch collection.  I bought this about a month and a half ago when Scrapbooks Too was going out of business (they are reopening on Saturday though, yay!), but with all of my Christmas projects, it just sat on the shelf.  This collection has great colors, for this layout I focused on the blues and greens with a pop of orange.

This layout also worked for a couple of challenges.  The first was Jan./Feb. '13 Issue Challenge #1 on the Club CK board.  The challenge was to use polka dots.  This collection has several polka dot patterns, but I decided to use the green one for the title block on this page.  

The second challenge was the 1/3/13 Scrap(play) challenge at My Scraps and More, which was to use die cuts.  I used several die cuts on this page.  The small flowers by the journaling and on the title block are die cuts, as is the "remember" flag in the bottom left.  I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot to cut the green leaves in the bottom left.

I did quite a bit of distressing on this page which was a lot of fun.  I took my edge distresser around most of the papers and inked everything with brown ink.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Fancy Pants Designs
Die Cuts- Fancy Pants, K and Co.
Rubber Charm- October Afternoon
Journal Card- October Afternoon
Gems- Recollections
Stickers- Basic Grey, Simple Stories, Fancy Pants
Stamps- EK Success, other
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot
Font- Floralia
Ink- Prima, Tsukineko
Pen- Tsukineko
Photo Collage- Scrapbooks Etc.
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment