Monday, December 31, 2012

January 2013 calendar page

Happy New Year's Eve!  Can you believe it is the end of another year?!  Today I am sharing my January 2013 Project 12/calendar page.  This is the beginning of my second year scrapping in this format. I really enjoyed making these recap pages over the past year, so I look forward to continuing.

I based my layout of Sketch #245 from Nuts About Sketches.  I also plan to continue using Shawn's sketches in the year ahead because her two pagers usually include space for lots of photos which is perfect for my pages!

I also worked a couple of challenges into this layout.  The first is the 12th day of Christmas challenge at Frosted Designs which was to use at least 12 brads.  I ended up using 19!  I used sets of them in the place of the stitching in the sketch.  I liked the whimsical touch it gave.  

I also did the 12/19 scrap(word) challenge at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use the word "Everyday" on a layout.  I ended up stamping it as part of an accent in the bottom right as part of the phrase "cherish everyday".  

I received a huge set of American Crafts glitter from my sister-in-law for Christmas, and I had a blast playing with that on this layout.  After I had cut my title with the Cricut, I put glue in strategic places and sprinkled on some white tinsel glitter to look like snow.  I also covered the smaller circle snowflake accent on the right page with the white tinsel glitter.

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts, Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Recollections
Brads- Basic Grey, Making Memories, Deja Views
Pens- Sakura, Marvy, Tsukineko
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot
Font- Backhand Brush
Journal Spots- Recollections, Bo Bunny
Stickers- Cosmo Cricket, EK Success
Glitter- American Crafts
Punch- marvy
Stamps- Fiskars
Ink- ColorBox
Mist- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment