Thursday, November 29, 2012

Welcome Baby Boys!

I had two friends have babies within about a week of each other again, and this time they were both boys. I decided to make two of the same card to speed up the process and since I was using larger scraps, it wasn't too much of a challenge. :)

 I used this week's sketch from Unscripted Sketches as inspiration. I also did this for the 11/4/12 Card Challenge at My Scraps and More, which was to use stars on a card.

When I looked at the sketch with the idea of making a baby card, the banner across the top made me think of a wash line with baby clothes on it.  I used the "New Arrival" cartridge for the baby and onesies.  For the background of my card, I ran a sheet of Core' dinations  Whitewash cardstock through my texture boutique for some texture.  I sanded off some of the white layer of the paper and then inked the edges with two colors of blue distress ink.  I wrote the baby's initials on the punched star by the sentiment with a Souffle pen.

Materials:
Cardstock- American Crafts, Core'dinations, Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Creative Imaginations, Paper Adventures
Embossing Folder- Sizziz
Pens- Sakura, Provo Craft
Ink- Ranger
Punch- Marvy
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- New Arrival
Twine- Queen and Co.

3 comments:

  1. Those little onesies are too sweet, Jessica - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the texture and dimension of the embossed paper! Perfect backdrop for those too cute onsies! Nice touch adding the initials in the centre of the star! Thank you so much for choosing our Unscripted Sketch to showcase your wonderful talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute.. thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches..

    ReplyDelete