Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birthday Card- Unscripted Sketch #183

My brother-in-law's birthday was on Saturday. For his card, I used this week's Unscripted Sketch and the papers that were on my desk from working on my November calendar page.

I love fall and the leaf motifs that go with it.  I did a little stamping and heat embossing on the large leaf, and then cut the two smaller leaves with my Cricut and then inked them with several colors of Distress Ink.  I also crumpled them a bit to give them some realistic texture.

Materials:
Cardstock- The Paper Company
Patterned Paper- Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants Designs, Crate Paper
Ink- Tsukineko, Ranger
Stamps- Stampin Up
Embossing Powder- JoAnn Crafts
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination

3 comments:

  1. Love that embossed leaf, Jessica - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I really like the colors you chose, especially for a guy card. (Those are the hardest for me..) Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, a perfect guy card - love the plaid. The leaves look amazing with the techniques that you used (especially crumpling them!). Your BIL will love this card! Thanks for getting crafty with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete