Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sympathy Card

I made a sympathy card earlier this week for the family that lived just up the road from us growing up for the loss of their husband/father. I made this card with inspiration from this week's Unscripted Sketch and one of the World Card Making Day Challenges at Let's Capture These Sketches. The challenge was to make your own flowers.

To make the flower on my card, I cut out two layers of the layered flower on Cindy Loo.  I inked the edges of both layers with grey ink.  The top layer I dry embossed to add some texture.  I sprayed both layers with Pearl Glimmer Mist.  For the center of the flower, I simply punched a scalloped circle, inked the edges and stamped the sentiment.  To attach the center, I used some foam tape to add some depth.  I felt that the card needed  a little something else, so I cut out the leaves to add a little pop of green and a bit of movement.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye and Imagination Project
Embossing Folders- Ellison
Ink- Ranger
Stamps- Stampin' Up
Punch- Marvy
Die Cutter- Cricut
Cartridge- Cindy Loo

3 comments:

  1. What an elegant design ... love the beautiful shimmer ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant card - love the embossing! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, this card is so beautifully subtle. It totally captures the essence of what a sympathy card is intended. The embossing, inking and the hint of glimmer is perfect. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete