Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday...

To Miss Addy! While today is her actual birthday, we celebrated on Saturday with family.

 As we were planning for the party, she kept saying she wanted Tinkerbell on her cake. I was fine with that, but she had had a fairy cake last year and her sister had a Tinkerbell cake a couple of years ago. When it came time to actually decorate the cake and I was looking for a coloring book picture of Tinkerbell to work from, I came across some of the girls' Strawberry Shortcake coloring books and and said, "Strawberry Shortcake would also be fun on a cake..." Addy said, "Yeah, I want Strawberry Shortcake!" And took the coloring books and started looking for a picture for me to duplicate. She ended up selecting a picture of Lemon Meringue for me to base the cake decorations off of.

We started a tradition when Ellie turned 4 of bringing the kids to their first movie in a theater as their gift. Rick ended up finding a "cheap" theater that was still playing "Brave" and took her to that. We thought she would enjoy "Brave" more than the current kids' movies out in theaters. Addy really enjoyed her first movie theater experience and kept talking about how big the screen was.

I made a card to give her at her party yesterday using the current card sketch at Stuck on U Sketches.

The cute fairy girl is a cut from the "Playtime" Lite cartridge. I decided after I had cut out all the pieces that they needed some definition so I ended up going around everything with a pen, which was a bit tedious, but I am happy with how it turned out.

Materials-
Patterned Paper- Cosmo Cricket, Provo Craft
Cardstock- Bazzill
Ink- Color Box
Pen- Marvy, Creative Memories
Stamp- Close to My Heart
Punches- McGill
Felt Trim- Michaels
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Playtime, Live Simply
Glitter Glue- Ranger

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Jessica, the colours are PERFECT for a little princess on her 4th birthday. Too cute. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAwww, isn't she a cutie??!! This made for a perfect card for the little princess! Great colors too! Thanks for playing along with SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card..love the sweet image...pretty colours!Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a CUTIE! and the glitter detail around her is just the perfect touch! I bet Miss Addy just loved her special card. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card! It's just so happy and fun! HOpe to see you again at SOUS! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemon Meringue has changed a little since I was little! I did not have her but always wanted that one because of her yellow hair. I think the new Lemon Meringue is even cuter with her long yellow hair! Brings back memories!!

    ReplyDelete