Saturday, September 8, 2012

Recess!

My Scraps and More is have a Back to School Crop this week!  There are challenges for each "class".  I decided to start with "Recess" (not sure what that says about me, but that's what inspired me first!).  The challenge was to create a page using outdoors photos.  I had these photos of Ellie playing at the park from two years ago.  I also did this for Day 5 of the Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Classes.  The challenge there was to "Craft Happy" and just enjoy the process.  While this layout ended up being for 2 challenges, I was working with no parameters in terms of supplies, sketch, etc.  I just pulled papers and embellishments and played!  
I gave my Cricut a workout cutting out the title and the little girl on the second page.  I was realizing that I haven't used my Cricut much lately for my scrapbook pages, so I decided it was time.  It also made my title a breeze!  For the title, I used the "Live Simply" Cartridge and one of the phrases included.  It didn't quite fit as is, so I cut the words apart to make it fit better on the page.  The little girls is from the "Playtime" cartridge. The other thing that I played with that I haven't in a while is some adhesive rub ons and glitter. I usually skip these because of the mess, but I wanted the sparkle to add a little something to this page and they really weren't that bad!
Materials
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Bo Bunny Press, Imagination Project, Provo Craft, Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Flair Designs, and Crate Paper
Transparency- Anna Griffin
Adhesive Rub ons and Glitter- K and Co.
Rub ons- Hambly Screen Prints
Stickers- American Crafts, Little Yellow Bicycle, Fiskars
Chipboard- American Crafts
Pen- Sharpie, Tsukineko, Creative Memories
Punches- EK Success, Martha Stewart Carfts
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Playtime, Live Simply

No comments:

Post a Comment