Monday, July 16, 2012

Nuts About Sketches #222

It's Monday again so that means another Nuts About Sketches sketch. I again really enjoyed working with this sketch, it made my layout come together so easily.

 I stuck really close to the sketch because I really liked it just the way it was.  I did split the larger photo into two so I could get another shot on the page.  I used my Cricut to cut out the diamonds which was so fast!  The chipboard elements ( and most of the patterned paper I used) came from a Close to My Heart project pack I picked up a my church's garage sale last month.  The chipboard starts out cream and has the resist images on it.  I inked up the pieces first with light blue ink, then with green.  I didn't like how the blue looked, so I pulled out some light blue Glimmer Mist and a paint brush and painted that over the center of the pieces.

The current challenge at Frosted Designs is to use stamps. After I had the patterned paper laid out, I thought the cream cardstock was a little stark so I decided to pull out some Fancy Pants corner stamps.  I first put light blue ink on the stamp and then went around the edges with the green for a multi-colored effect.  For the journaling block and caption under the center photo I used some journaling stamps on vellum to make them blend in more with the background.

Materials
Cardstock- Close to My Heart
Patterned Paper- Close to My Heart, Basic Grey, Crate Paper
Stamps- Fiskars, Fancy Pants Designs
Ink- Tsukineko, Tattered Angels
Chipboard- Close to My Heart
Stickers- Fiskars, Creative Imaginations, Basic Grey
Rub-ons- unknown
Brads- Close to My Heart
Vellum- The Paper Company
Pen- Sharpie
Cartridge- Cindy Loo, Cricut Classic Font

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty layout!! Love the colors!! The diamonds look great too :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs for our Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete