Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When I Doubt...

For week four of the Scrapbooking Your Faith class we were to make a layout about our doubts or struggles in faith. The class ended a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to do this assignment and this week I finally got around to it.

For the design of the layout I used the sketch from "My Scraps and More" along with their blog hop challenge which was to use three of the nine items listed on the design team's blogs. The nine items were: scallops, wrapping paper, paper or ribbon strips, banner, a food related photo, bows, cupcake liner, candles, or glitter. I ended up using scallops, ribbon strips and a banner (The torn rectangles across the bottom look like a banner, right?)

I used black matting and inked the edges of elements on the page to add a little pop, but also to suggest the difficulty I have sometimes with my faith. For the title I stamped "When I" on the scalloped circle and cut out "Doubt" using Sure Cuts A Lot and my Cricut.



There are a couple of altered art/ wall hanging assignments that I didn't complete for "Scrapbooking Your Faith" that I haven't decided if I am going to do or not, but I bought Courtney Walsh's book and I already have a few ideas for pages to do. As I wrote the journaling for this layout I felt like I was missing information, so it is a relief to know that I will be doing more on my faith in hopes that I will get more of the "story" out.

No comments:

Post a Comment