Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A New Design Team

I just received news this morning that I will be joining the Nuts About Sketches Design Team for March- August! I just discovered this sketch blog, but I really like the sketches! Many of them use multiple photos and there are lots of 2 pagers!!

Part of the application process was to make a layout based on the sketch below. I took Addy to Nickelodeon Universe on Sunday and I thought this sketch would work great with the photos. The photos are a little blurry (two of them are REALLY blurry) behttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifcause I just used the camera on my phone, but I wanted to use them anyway.


I used the voucher with our credits on it as part of the design and worked off of the bright colors on that and in the photos. I used my Cricut to cut out the big purple flower shape and then stitched around the whole layout and the flower with my sewing machine. I discovered that I am much better at stitching in a straight line than I am around curves. There is some pretty awful stitching hidden behind those photos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment