Sunday, January 29, 2012

February Calendar and Practical Scrappers Update

I finished the February layout for our calendar/ Project 12 today. I used another Sketch Support sketch. I am really liking these sketches for this project because they allow a lot of space for lots of photos and it is easy to squeeze even more in. For this sketch, I ended up putting three photos on the left hand page instead of 2 and divided one of the 4x6 spaces into two 3x4s. I am using the right hand page for the calendar this month.

This layout also qualifies for Margy's "Flakey" Challenge at Back Porch Memories. The challenge was to simply use snowflakes on your layout.

In other news, I did not make it to the third round of the Practical Scrappers contest. :( Thank you to everyone who voted for me anyway! I had a lot of fun participating in the first two rounds and preparing a layout for the third round. The challenge for the third round was to be inspired by one of the three quilts they posted photos of and to use at least 4 of the following items: Ribbon, Button/s, Banner/s, Tag/s, Eyelet/s, or Chipboard. (I used everything but the tags.) Here is the quilt that I chose to inspire my layout:

I decided to make diamond for my background to mimic the diamonds on the quilt. I then used my sewing machine to zig zag stitch between the squares.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I was bummed not to see you this round! Great layout! OMG adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete