Monday, December 12, 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt 12-11-11

This week's prompts had me taking a lot of non-people photos, which is not my strong point, but I tried a few new things...

1. Less is More
I didn't really know what to do with this one, but I felt like this photo kind of worked because the big chunk broken out of the sucker (less) allows you to see more of my daughter's face...


2. Holiday Lights
There was some great information on this blog on how to take some cool holiday photos so I used the info for this shot and the next. For this one I used a long shutter speed and small aperture to get the twinkling light effect (click on the photo to see it larger).


3. Ornaments
I used a wider aperture to get the bokeh effect with the lights in this one.


Cup of Cheer
I made a cup of peppermint hot cocoa with a dollop of Cool Whip one night. This photo does not do it justice... it was GOOD!


5. Nativity
Because Will is into everything he is not supposed to be and is pretty destructive, the only Nativity we have out this year is the kids' Fisher Price one. Ours lights up and plays "Away in a Manger."


6 comments:

  1. Pretty tree picture! I'll have to check out that blog because I was NOT successful with tree pictures :( I will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! Your tree is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic of the tree! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots - love the color in your tree and ornament shots!

    ReplyDelete