Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to Rick!

Yesterday was Rick's (30th) Birthday!!! We already did most of our celebrating, but he did get his presents and cards yesterday. I used this week's sketch from Card Patterns for mine:




I bought 5 new colors of Glimmer Mist last week because the local store I go to, Scrapbooks Too, had them buy 2 get 3 free! I decided to use one of my new colors for this layout: Sugar Maple. It is a gorgeous coppery color. I used a mask and sprayed it on the red background cardstock and I also used it to color the key. After the mist dried I went over the key with a gold paint dauber and some dark brown paint.

I am off to Scrapfest for the next 2 days! I am so excited to learn some new stuff, play with new products and just take in all the scrapbooking energy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! Love all the shimmer this has. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete