Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Month of Cards: Part 1

From June 9th through July 9th, we celebrate 12 birthdays or anniversaries in our family and extended family (that doesn't count Father's Day). So... this is the time of year I make LOTS of cards. Here are three cards that I have made in the last week for various occasions.

The first is a sympathy card I made for a friend whose mom passed away last week. I used the card sketch last week at Sketch Support. Here is the sketch and my take on it:



Next is the current sketch at Cardabilities. This card was a shower card for a friend who is getting married in a few weeks. I moved the smaller circle accents to the left side to cover a small "flaw" my stitching around the big circle.



Finally, an anniversary card. This card was for the Impromptu Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to make a card that included: 2 patterned papers, 2 buttons (at least), 2 different colors ink, ribbon/thread/jute. I also tried a new technique on this one. I bought some resist ink a couple of weeks ago at an estate sale which I broke out today for the first time. I used the resist ink to stamp the butterfly on glossy cardstock. I used my heat tool to dry the ink and then I took my brayer and rolled some blue and green ink over the butterfly. I think it turned out pretty cool!

1 comment:

  1. That Anniversary card I think is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen you done, Jess. The butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete