Saturday, May 7, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day Projects

I have already completed a couple of challenge for the NSD crop at Challenge Masters! The first was a Card Challenge. The challenge was to make a card with a button and a butterfly on it. I made these four Mother's Day cards for my mom, mother-in-law and two grandmas yesterday morning so I could get them in the mail in hopes that they would receive them today.


The second challenge was the Ice Cream Sundae Challenge. The challenge was to choose vanilla or chocolate ice cream and three toppings from this list: peanuts, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, cherry, sprinkles. I chose vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, with a cherry on top. (I know, my mouth is just watering thinking about it too!) Those ingredients then translated into scrapbooking "ingredients." Mine ended up being sewing, ribbon, flowers, and buttons. I made this layout with our pictures from last Easter. I scraplifted a layout by Suzy Plantamura in the October 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes.


The sewing is around the edge of the circle patterned paper, there is a ribbon border using two different ribbons, flowers all over the place and buttons as the center of the flowers and to add some dimension to some of the circles.

I hope to get a few more done before the Thursday deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment