Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Frosted Designs- "Girly Layout"

Fern posted a challenge for NSD to create a "girly" layout with at least one thing you wouldn't find in the scrapbooking aisle. Fern made a beautiful pink and frilly layout as an example. While I love pink and making pink layouts, I pulled out this photo of the girls that we had taken at JCPenney's two Christmases ago and knew pink was not going to work. So, I made a BLUE girly layout. I tried to use lots of sparkle, ruffles and dainty details. For my non scrapbooking items I had a piece of lace, a chain of rhinestone and some indivitual pearls I cut off a string for the centers of my flowers.


I learned how to make these flowers last year at Scrapfest. They are pretty easy and I like how they look. I used some Glimmer Mist to accentuate the texture and make them sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jessica!!!! I love the lace and the flowers are gorgeous!!!! The photo is precious!!! Thanks for doing my challenge!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout ! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete