Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chopped Week #1

There is a contest going on at Challenge Masters right now based on the TV show "Chopped." I have never seen the show, but from what I gather, contestants are giving the same ingredients and they have to make something with them. Then the dishes are judged and someone is eliminated or "Chopped."

This week's "ingredients" for our contest were: the color lime green, paint, and circles. I had a lot of fun with this challenge as these are all things I use on a fairly regular basis. I used lots of lime green on this layout. I used white paint on foam stamps for "Haylee" and I also found 3 different sized objects to stamp the circles with paint.


Here is the sketch and my entry for the Back Porch Memories Guest Designer contest for April. I don't make many 1 photo layouts, so I decided to make a photo collage in the place of the single photo. I also played around with different fonts and media for the long title. The process of making the title was fun, but also a little frustrating. The most frustrating part was figuring out how to make the stamped letters stand out against the background paper. I ultimately decided to use embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment