Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scrap That Baby Holiday and Other Projects

I have been scrapbooking and card making the last couple of weeks, I just hadn't gotten around to photographing my projects and posting them.

This project I did for the Scrap That Baby #20: Holiday Baby challenge. It was due January 14th and while I had it done by then, I am first posting it now. :( I also did the January Blade Masters Challenge from Challenge Masters for this one. The challenge was fussy cutting which is using a scissors to cut out images from patterned paper. I fussy cut the glitter ornaments for this layout. The majority of the products used on this page are from the Echo Park Everybody Loves Christmas collection. I LOVE this stuff! It is so cute and it was a lot of fun to work with!


I just finished this layout for the January Go Green Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to make your own flowers. I did two different kinds of flowers on my page.

The first are the orange ones. For those I cut strips of paper about 3/4" thick and then used a border punch on one edge. Then I took the strip and pleated it forming a spiral. I attached it to the layout using FabriTac glue and added a brad to the center to finish it off.

For the reddish flower I used my Cricut and cut several scalloped circles from patterned paper in 4 different sizes. I crumpled the circles and then inked them with Tim Holtz Distressing Inks and a foam blending tool. I finished them off by pressing the folds onto a darker ink pad to accentuate the creases. I then stacked the circles, punched a hole in the center and put in the brad. Finally, I curled up some of the edges to give it a little more dimension. I really like how this one turned out and will definitely do it again!

As for the rest of the layout, I don't totally love how it turned out, but it is done, and that is what matters.



I've also made a couple of cards. The first is a birthday card for my brother.


Finally, I made this card for our friend Max who celebrated his third birthday with a pirate party this past Sunday. I used my Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and my Cricut for the pirate boy on the cover.


For the inside, I did a Google search for "pirate birthday greetings" and found this page with a 3rd birthday pirate poem! I was so excited! I printed it out on a scrap of cardstock, tore the edges and inked it up with my Tim Holtz Distressing Inks and a foam blending tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment